More and more men are beginning to opt for cosmetic surgery in Durham, NC and it is important to know all of the necessary information, as the procedure, recovery time, and side effects differ between men and women.
Rhinoplasty can be performed on women from age 13 on, but men must wait until they are 15 to go through with this procedure. This is because women stop growing before men do and they need those extra few years to ensure that all of their bone structures have matured and fused.
Like women, many men find themselves self-conscious about the shape or size of their nose and consider surgery to alter their appearance. Below is the procedure for basic cosmetic nose surgery.
- Depending on personal preference and the extent of the surgery, a rhinoplasty can be done under general or local anesthetic.
- An open rhinoplasty is where an incision is made between the nostrils so internal structures can be accessed with ease. The patient may experience more swelling with this type of surgery
- A closed rhinoplasty does not require an incision and tends to have quicker recovery times.
- All incisions made during the procedure are done in a way that will minimize scarring and are commonly done inside the rim of the nostrils.
- Operation time takes between one and two hours.
If you are a man interested in cosmetic surgery in Durham, NC, contact Cary Plastic Surgery today at (919) 233-1933 to schedule a consultation.